Top 10 Baby Bath Tubs – Definitive Guide
For decades, it is common to use sinks or baby buckets for bathing kids. In some countries, the buckets are still popular for bathing babies. The times are changing and as with other things, there are various baby bath tubs for babies. What it differs is the convenient design of baby bath tubs which makes it easy for parents to bath their kids easily.
Why to Use Baby Bath Tubs?
Since, it is still common to bath your baby by using a regular plastic or metal bucket, while the convenient design of baby bath tubs will keep your babies relaxed and also makes it a pleasurable experience for them. Not only that, there are various bath tubs available in cartoon shapes and different characters which encourage your baby to more likely sit into the bath tub.
Does it Scare your Baby to Use a Bathtub?
It happens, if you are using the bathtub for your baby for the first time, your baby may be more likely cry. It would be good to use a bath seat if your baby is few months old and can not sit up properly.
How to Use Baby Bath Tub?
If you have never used a baby bath tub before, chances are you may not know much about that. There are factors to consider especially their age. There are various sizes in bath tubs for baby. Here is a video on BabyCentre about how to bathe your newborn.
Here we have listed top 10 bestselling and top rated baby bath tubs. please continue reading:
- This tub is easy to adjust which includes a wash basin for toys.
- It has drain plug to alert parents whenever water is very hot.
- This tub also includes a mesh sling and foam pads to cradle infants.
- Because of its most advanced features, it is great for newborn babies.
As baby’s bath time has been a fun and relaxing experience which generates happy moments and memories for life. The Infant to Toddler tub by The First Year’s provides security and comfort to your newborn baby to toddler.
This tub works so well for your newborn baby to toddler. It is very adjustable and its backrest is easy to set to lower for infants and higher for toddlers.
- Comfortable tub which provides relaxation bath to your baby.
- A professional design which fits inside traditional bathing tubs.
- It is safe for infant use.
- It has a very soft grip with non-slip foam, which protects your baby and gives comfort.
Beautiful Whale Design for Bathing Fun
This tub comes in blue and green whale design lets you and your baby enjoy.
A suitable tub for toddlers and infants
This tub works for a longer time for your baby, when your baby is an infant, the tub has a contour added to protect him, and once he grows to toddler, simply remove the insert, which gives a big room to your toddler.
Non-slip foam to protect your baby
This tub contains a non-slip foam surface which keeps your baby comfortable in a place. It is easy to place anywhere, such as you can place the tub in the kitchen or any room.
3. Moby Bath Smart Sling 3-Stage Bathtub by Skip Hop
- It features polyester sling which is better for newborns too.
- It grows with baby through their three stages such as from newborns, to infants to sitters.
Moby Bath Smart Sling 3-Stage Bathtub by Skip Hop can be used for newborn and above babies and it can be used through three stages. When your baby is able to sit upright you can completely remove this bath tub’s sling. Its interior texture is non-slip to keep your baby secured. It is made from PVC-free and pthalates-free material. Its convenient hook makes it easy to hang it anywhere. This bathtub measures 27.5 inches length x 19 inches width x 11.5 inches height.
- Its head is elevated in such a way to keep water out of your baby’s ears.
- Its sides are soft and contoured enough to safely cradle your baby during bath.
- A hanger is attached for easy storage.
Nowadays your baby normally loves bath time, while if you combine soap and water, your infant can usually slips from your bathtubs in such cases. Here is a soft cushioned bath pillow by Leachco, which helps to keep your infant in the place whether you bathe them in the kitchen, lounge or bathroom. This bather has a hanger attached which helps you easy to dry it anywhere. It is a recommended bather for babies for ages from newborn up to 9 months.
- It has 3 stages of use: newborn babies, infants and toddlers.
- It includes a cushion made by cushion which is adjusted to support newborns and infants and as soon as your baby grows to toddler, then just remove it for toddlers.
- Comes with 2 beautiful designs to select anyone of “Rainforest” or “Ocean Wonders”.
It is suitable for newborn babies, infants and toddlers. Whenever your baby is alone, the large size of tub provides a lot of fun. The upper sides of the tub gives parents some comfort by putting their arms and wrists on it.
- It can be deflated easily for storage or travelling.
- Its compartments are well-built for bathing accessories.
- It is easy to hook in order to dry.
- It has water temperature display.
- made by soft cushion which comforts your baby.
It is Disney Sesame Street Inflatable Bathtub. Parents should not worry about bath time efforts as this Sesame Street Inflatable safety Bathtub provides all basic needs of baby’s bathing. This product is the winner of The National Parenting Center’s 2011 Seal of Approval, the soft cushion is very comfortable for your baby and the back piece provides extra support. When you end up bathing your baby, you can just air dry it with included suction cup. You can also deflate it to carry it easily whenever you go for trips / travel.
- This can be folded easily if you go for travels.
- It has a textured bottom with a good grip so your baby would not slip.
- It is ideal tub for babies age between 6 months to 2 years.
It is an award winning tub, which has special white hot dot system, whenever water is too hot, the dot will turn white, and once the water is alright the color changes to blue. It is easy to fold and carry for travels and trips.
- It is the best gift you can give your baby as a bath tub.
- Soft and cuddly which will make your baby so much happy and comfortable while bathing.
- Recommended for infants up to 0 to 6 months.
This tub is a great alternative to regular bath tubs which are hard and made by plastic, while this one is very soft and comfortable for your baby. You can wring out and hang to dry it or a machine wash and dry.
- You can save water and space with flexiBath.
- It opens up as a large bath tub and can be folded flat whenever not in use.
- It is ideal for travel, pet use or storage.
- Suitable for newborn babies up to 4 years age.
The Prince Lionheart Flexibath is the great solution for fun bathing and saving the space. This bath tub is recommended for infants to toddlers ages up to 4 years. It is great for bathing and many other uses.
- 2 Position feature, which can be used according to growth of your baby.
- This tub has a large capacity.
- Please do not use water fuller than 4.5 inches in this tub.
- It has a unique shape which supports arms and legs and keeps your infant or toddler in the ideal bathing position.
- The stand will be sold separately.
This tub by Dream On Me has unique features and design for infants to bath up to age 2 years. Its one position is for infants who can’t sit up, while other end is for toddlers who can balance themselves little bit. This way it allows a mom to bathe her baby the easy way. This is a large bath tub and made for safety, while do not leave your child alone.
Bath Tub Types:
There are different bath tubs including the simple ones and the upright bath tubs which can be helpful for very younger babies who can’t sit up and the tub gives them a relaxed support. Some of these bath tubs have padded headrests which give them comfort while taking bath. The sink insert tubs can be used with regular sinks and these also save some space. The foldable baby bath tubs can be stored easily when not in use.
Another way of bathing a baby is by using bathtub seats. A bathtub seat is connected or placed in a regular big size tub where your baby can sit up. It is similar to a baby car seat. However, it has to be in the water so it is mostly made of plastic instead of clothing materials. These seats provide your babies with pleasurable bathtime experience while it is very important to have parents or an adult all the time with them.
Is there any Age Limits for Using?
There is no specific age limit, but by looking at different sites it looks good to use for six years old baby. Although, when they outgrow, you might need to find another tub. For this reason it is always better to find baby bath tubs which can be adjusted to use for grown babies. If your baby is really younger, the bath slings can be convenient. Here is some discussion about using bath slings and some people say they can use for few months old babies also.
What Makes Baby Bath tubs Better?
Since there are many features in different baby bath tubs, you still need look for a few features:
- The tubs should have contoured lining so your baby can sit relaxed instead of just plain plastic your baby doesn’t slips or slides. The bathtub also needs to have non-skid surface.
- There are different bath tub thermometers to determine the water temperature but if the tub already has a temperature indicator that would be useful.
- Sometimes you have to go for trips or vacation, a convenient foldable bath tub is not only easy to store, it can be handy on travels.
Cleaning the Baby Bath tubs:
Like other plastic materials, baby bath tubs can also be cleaned easily. These can be washed by using hot water along with number of other things. Many of these things can be found in your home and kitchen. The things you need are baking soda, liquid dish soap. Mostly, hot water and dish soap would do the thing. If there is still soap residue in the tub, you can mix baking soda and water and rinse it.
Baby Bathtub Alternatives:
Sometimes you might be wondering how to bathe your baby without using a bathtub. It happens if you have never used a bathtub for your baby or you are on a vacation or somewhere else. There are many alternative ways to bathe your baby. Be sure to be with your babies all the time while using any of these ways. Lets talk about each of these:
When your baby outgrows, you can also use a regular bucket for them. Buckets have been popular for a long time for baby bath. Now there are tummy buckets, which are really good for babies. They will also enjoy it too. Just be careful about water levels. Do not fill too much water in the bucket if it is the first time so you can be sure about the right water levels.
Large Mixing Bowls:
Since babies are too small they can be bath by using big size bowl. Make sure the bowl is firm and stays in place when you fill it with some water. Here is a video on how to give sponge bath to your baby by using a large bowl.
Another way can be regular sink. The good thing is that the water would be readily available by using one of the faucets. Once you bathe your baby, you can pull the drain plug. While, make sure the sink is not too big for your baby and in this case you will have to carry your baby in your hands all the time.
- These days there are number of inflatable baby bath tubs which can float on a regular big bath tub. There are number of reasons to never to use such inflatable tubs when your baby is too young especially parents should be available if you ever want to use. The inflatable tubs can be dangerous for them in their young age.
- Whenever you have to do something important while bathing your baby, you should stay with your baby all the time and never leave them alone in the bath tubs.
- If you have to use aromatherapy oils in baby bath water and you are not sure which one to use, you should always ask an expert.
- Whenever you are bathing your baby and your phone rings and you have to pick it up, be sure to take your baby wrapped in a towel with you. Do not ever leave them alone for a second.
- Always keep a bath thermometer and keep the water temperature around 75 F. Again, you still should contact the healthcare professional or an expert.