Top 10 Baby Brush and Comb Sets
Newborn baby’s hair is too delicate to use a regular brush. A suggested hairbrush should be made of goat hair bristles or any soft plastic. Furthermore, it is essential to brush your baby’s hair after bathing them, before their bedtime and after they wake up as it calms them down and a good baby brush can massage their scalp.
Newborn baby’s hair starts to shed after three months of their age, and by six months their hair is gone, and new hair starts to grow. It is when you should begin using baby hair brushes to care for their soft and delicate hair. Not all baby’s hair is the same, it can be of any color or texture, so you never know what color their new hair would have. Generally, your baby would go bald because of whether laying on one side or sitting in cars. When your baby grows older, the bald spots begin to disappear, so you shouldn’t be worried about that.
Cradle Cap in Young Babies:
Before understanding baby hairbrush types, we have to know about certain skin conditions in which cradle cap is commonly known. Cradle cap occurs in the first few weeks in newborn babies, and it might take a few weeks or months for it to go away. It is also termed as Seborrheic Dermatitis and it is not only related to baby’s hair but can also appear around eyebrows, ears, eyelids or armpits. It can sometimes look like dandruff also.
Whenever cradle cap occurs, you should a very soft baby hair brush and use it very gently. One of the practical ways to heal cradle cap is daily brushing and massaging baby’s hair.
You might be looking for some good quality baby brush and comb sets, we have reviewed some of the best selling and top rated baby brush and comb sets, please have a look below:
- It contains a brush with very soft bristles and a tangle free comb.
- Handles with soft grip.
- It is licensed by American Red Cross.
American Red Cross Comfort Care Comb And Brush by The First Years, comes with a very soft bristled brush and a soft and tangle free comb with perfect grips. The great thing about this product is, it is licensed product by American Red Cross.
- The brush and comb contain chunky handles which make it very easy for parents and babies to hold these.
- Very soft bristled brush.
- It has a 2 way comb for thick and thin hair styling.
Easy Grip Brush And Comb, Colors May Vary by Safety 1st provides you with a soft bristled brush and a fine teeth comb, which makes it easy to style your baby’s hair.
- This brush set can be used for newborn babies, infants and toddlers who have fine hair.
- It comes in a gift box packaging.
Wooden Baby Hair Brush Set by Royal Infant have natural goat hair bristles, and this brush set is made by using premium quality materials. The soft bristles of this brush set are irritant-free for your baby’s delicate skin. The brush handle is made from natural beech wood and parents can hold it comfortably.
- It is made of natural wood.
- It is a very soft brush.
Wooden Brush and Comb Set by Green Sprouts (Natural Wood), is made from natural wood and has natural hair bristles, it helps to keep your baby’s hair soft.
- It comes with a very gentle and beautiful grip.
- Comes in various colors, you will get one of the orange, blue, red, purple or green handle.
Comb and Brush by Nuby are specially designed for your baby’s soft hair; its nylon made bristles are very soft for your baby’s hair.
- It is very gentle and soft comb and brush.
- It is your Baby’s first choice.
Baby’s 1st Brush & Comb Set by Safety 1st brings extra softness in the brush and comb, and the comb is fine-toothed, makes it easier to use on your baby’s hair.
- This brush and comb set can be an excellent gift for your or any baby.
- It comes with a wooden massage brush which can be used for infants or even newborns.
Premium Wooden Baby Hair Brush Set by Yokoo Baby is designed for infants and toddlers. As infants have very soft hair and the brush bristles should be soft too. The goat bristles are soft for your baby’s scalp, and brushes are BPA-free also.
- These have a very soft handle.
- Its bristles are super-soft.
- It has smooth and rounded teeth on the comb.
Dr. Mom Brush and Comb Set by Summer Infant offers a special ergonomic designed hair comb and brush with very soft grip handles. More full teethed comb helps remove any tangles without harming your baby.
- It is an ideal gift for your baby.
- Its size is small according to your baby’s small head.
- Its handles are designed to fit perfectly in hands.
Baby Brush & Comb Set (Ambassador Hairbrushes) has no endangered wood, and the brush and comb are made by natural and soft bristles to avoid any problems for your baby.
- It comes in different colors.
- These are made by very soft nylon bristles and soft teeth on the comb.
- Even that brush is washable.
Brush & Comb Set Keeps Baby’s Locks Neat and Manageable by Baby King, helps easy grooming for your baby, as the brush is made by very soft nylon bristles which helps to remove any tangles very gently and softly. The comb comes with round teeth and glides smoothly through your baby’s hair without any irritation.
There are different baby hairbrush types while you should always select the soft ones. The best to find would be a goat hair brush for several reasons being natural and smooth for them. Plastic ones could be inexpensive, but you still need to be careful about the quality of the brush. If you are not sure about the specific baby items, you can also find a baby grooming kit with most of the essential things. Some of these baby hairbrush kits are so good that you can also give it to someone as a gift. To your surprise, there are different musical baby hair brushes too, while we still have to make sure if the bristles are soft enough for them. There is also a specific baby brush for washing their hair, created by using soft silicone or other material bristles.
- A baby hair brush can be cleaned by using equal sizes of vinegar and warm water in a bowl or a cup. Soak it for around 15 to 20 minutes and dry by using a towel. A regular hair brush can be cleaned by using some shampoo drops in warm water and by swirling the brush in it.
- It is suggested to shampoo your baby hair two times a week to avoid cradle cap in your baby or to prevent oily or flaky patches on their scalp.
- By finding a good quality hair brush for your baby, you not only make it easy to brush their hair but it also soothes, massages and calms them.
Baby Brush for Hair Usage:
It is obvious your child is probably not that intelligent to brush his or her hair, and parents do it. It is suggested for you to use the brushed with comfortable handles, so you don’t get tired or get wrist pains as sometimes it takes longer to brush their hair. The better quality the handles are, more likely you will brush and massage their scalp while doing that. It is necessary to make sure the bristles are soft for their sensitive scalp to not to hurt or irritate them. Specific wooden brushes are great to use, in which goat hair brushes are one of them.
- It is not suggested to ponytail your young baby’s delicate hair as it can irritate hurt them.
- If your baby has cradle cap, they would have oily skin on their scalp. In this case, it would be enough to wash their hair with a baby shampoo 2 to 3 times a week.