20 Best Cups for Toddlers for All Stages
It is common that parents use feeding bottles for their babies right after completing the breast-feeding stage. At this stage most babies get addicted to bottles so it gets really challenging for parents to convince their baby to something else such sippy cups. However, toddler cups have different stages and so different designs for each stage. If the right cup is given to your toddler, it helps them with easy transition for beginners to regular cups. Aside from baby placemats, toddler cups are also essential solid feeding items. This article is to help you with some of the best cups for toddlers so you can find the right one easily for your toddlers.
Types of Toddler Cups:
The toddler cups have stages, which can be described as:
These are very beginning cups for an easy transition from baby bottles. For this reason, these cups usually have cups with soft spout type of nipples and handles to grip those bottles easily. So, your baby wouldn’t feel much of difference yet they can drink from it even while sitting.
These cups are on the next stage once baby gets familiar with trainer cups. As straw cups take some effort from baby to suck the drinks from the cup, the baby’s age should be usually from six months or above.
Now once your kid has completed his first year, it is time for spout cups. Little bit longer but solid construction along-with usually plastic spout. After this cup, your toddler is near to using a regular cup.
360 or Rimless Cups
Now these actually look like regular glasses but their structure is spill proof. Kids drinks from it, its top allows them to drink, once they drink it seals back.
And then, your kid is ready for regular cups.
Here is the list of some of the best cups for toddlers for all stages:
1. Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup
It is set of two toddler training cups with dentist recommendation. The cups have spoutless design and these are BPA-free. Because of 360-design of these cups, it entirely prevents spills. These cups have easy to grasp handles and the cups seals automatically once your baby stops drinking from it. This cup is easy to clean and do have extra parts which makes it even easier.
- Many parents love to see their kid drinking milk or almost any beverages from it.
- Some parents say its leak free feature is really good to avoid spills.
- A few parents say the seal function doesn’t work as it should and it spills water everywhere.
2. The First Years Take & Toss Spill-Proof Sippy Cups
These are so durable which you can use multiple times for baby. The lids are spill-free with snap-on. These cups are easily cleanable. Its see-through material lets you see the water so you may know how much water is remaining. It also has a bonus travel cap. These cups are suitable for babies who are 9 months and above. The material of these cups is BPA-free, PVC-free and Phthalate-free. These are dishwasher safe and are recyclable also.
- Many parent like these colorful cups for their kids.
- The cups are easy to clean.
- A few parents say the lids on the top aren’t that secured and if by accident the filled cup drops, the lid usually opens easily.
3. Contigo Spill-Proof Kids Tritan Straw Tumbler
This cup has a spill-free valve so it wouldn’t spill water even when your kid turns it upside down. It has silicone seal around its straw which prevents the leaks even better. Its materials are 100 percent BPA-free. Its soft grip bottom keeps it in place. It also can fit most of the car cup holders. It is suitable for babies who are 3 years and above.
- Many parents say it is light-weight cup and it opens easily for washing.
- Parents are happy with it and say it doesn’t leak or spill.
- A few parents say they found out mold growing around it after some use.
- Some parents think it is difficult to clean cup.
4. NUK Learner Sippy Cup, Elephants
It is a spill-proof cup with the soft spout and it helps your kid with transition from bottle to the cup easily. Its air vent helps reducing air swallowing. The handles of this cup are non-slip and easy to grip so your baby can drink from it smoothly. It is good for babies with age six months and above.
- Many parents say its handles help their baby to easily drink from this cup.
- Some parents say that their baby uses it without spilling the water.
- Few parents say the flow of this cup is really slow for baby making it difficult to drink from it.
5. Philips Avent My Bendy Straw Cup
This cups set promotes healthy oral development in kids. Its short straw helps natural tongue movement and also swallowing process for kids. These cups are BPA-free and dishwasher safe also. These cups are suitable for kids who are 9 months and up.
- Many parents are glad that their baby liked the cup and got used to it easily.
- Some parents say these cups are easy to clean and easy to close.
- A few parents say its straw doesn’t work well for their baby.
- Many parents complain the cup leaks most of the time.
6. Zak Designs Kids Water Bottle with Straw
This water bottle is made from durable and shatterproof Tritan (TM) to give you long lasting usage. The bottle is 100 percent BPA-free. There is a vent in its lid so liquid flows continuously when needed while it wouldn’t leak when you close the spout. Its lid already has a loop for carrying so you can carry it easily. The bottle is shaped for your baby’s small hands so he can carry it without slipping.
- Many parents like this water bottle for their kids because of their favorite cartoon character.
- Another good thing about this bottle is it keeps the water colder for long.
- Few parents say it breaks if it falls on the ground and it is not that strong.
7. Munchkin LATCH Transition Cup
This cup has a soft silicone spout which is gentle for your baby’s little mouth. It is flexible so it moves with baby and wouldn’t make baby uncomfortable. It has ergonomic handles for your baby’s little hands and the handles are removable. This cup has anti-colic valve which prevents air bubbles which helps in reducing gas and fussiness too. This cup is BPA-free and it is suitable for baby who is 4 months and above.
- Many parents love it for their baby because of ease of use and its soft nipple.
- Its design makes it easy to clean.
- A few parents complain the milk comes hardly out of the nipple and baby has to struggle for it.
- Some parents say it leaks when baby drinks from it.
8. Munchkin Splash Toddler Cups with Training Lids
It is set of four cups which have removable press-fit training lids. These cups have the modern, bright design. Another good thing about these cups is nesting together helping you to store easily. The cups have 7 oz capacity for different beverages such as water, juices and milk. The material of these cups is BPA-free.
- Parents like these cups and say these are a good transition for their kids from sippy cups.
- Some parents say their kids can hold these easily.
- A few parents say these cups spill easily and their kids can’t drink water from the cups as it starts to spill.
9. Munchkin Miracle Stainless Steel 360 Sippy Cup
These vacuum sealed cups are stainless steel and these are insulated and can keep the drinks cool for 15 hours. Its cup lid helps to carry this cup anywhere easily. The 360 sippy cup seals back after baby drinks from it. These cups are top rack dishwasher safe and cleaning these cups is easy.
- Many parents are glad that these are steel cups so these can do well with hot beverages too being environmental friendly.
- The steel material makes it worry-free even if it drops on the ground.
- A few parents say that it leaks and isn’t leak-free.
- Some parents say the water doesn’t taste good in it.
10. MAM Trainer Cups for Babies with Handles
This cup makes it easy for baby to transition from bottle to the cup. It has a spill-free nipple and its spout is extra soft for baby. This cup has a wide opening which makes it easy for you to fill the liquid in it. Same way it also makes it easy to clean. The handles of this cup are non-slip for baby and they can hold these for long.
- Many parents say their baby likes to drink the milk from it and it does not spill.
- Its handles make it easy for baby to hold these to drink easily.
- A few parents say it is difficult for their baby to drink from it.
- Some parents think that the quality of this cup is not that good.
11. Gerber Graduates Fun Grips Hard Spout Sippy Cup
These sippy cups have bite resistant spout and these cups are 100 percent leak-proof, break-proof and spill-proof. These cups are BPA-free and dishwasher-safe. These have a lovely hourglass shape and these cups come in pack of two cups.
- Many parents say their kids love these colors and even if they throw these away these do not break.
- These sippy cups provide with easy drinking.
- Few parents say it is difficult to clean due to its design.
- Some parents say these cups have leaking problems.
12. Nuby 3 Piece Girl No-Spill Cup with Flex Straw
When your kids drink from it, its Touch Flo straw would require a squeeze and suck action, which makes the liquid flow, and this has no-spill feature. The valve of the straw opens whenever kid sips through it. Its silicone straw is also soft for kids’ tender gums and their emerging teeth. The straw is clear and it is easily cleanable too. Its contoured base makes it easy for your baby’s little hands to hold these cups.
- Many parents like that these are leak-free cups.
- Some parents think these can be cleaned easily.
- A few parents say these cups leak.
13. OXO Tot Transitions Straw Cup with Removable Handles
This lovely small size bottle’s valve opens every time when baby puts mouth on these, which makes drinking easy for your baby. It features hinged cap which closes to make it leak-proof seal. Its handles are removable and are easy for baby to grip. The lovely looking measurement markings make it easy to fill the required quantity. The removable parts help in cleaning easily.
Many parents love that their kid likes that small size with easy grip handles of this cup.
Some parents say it is really durable cup.
Few parents say its straw doesn’t work and their kid has hard time drinking from it. Some parents complain their kids ended up biting the straw as it was not working.
14. Dr. Brown’s Cheers 360 Spoutless Training Cup
These cups feature clear silicone valve which helps your kids to transition to a big cup easily. These leak-free cups allow your kids to drink from any edge. These are shaped and look like real regular cups. The translucent design of these cups helps in knowing when to refill again.
- Many parents say these cups are easily cleanable.
- According to some parents their kid falls in love with it easily.
- Few parents complain their kids have hard time using it.
15. Re-Play No Spill Sippy Cups for Baby
These are spill-free cups and are made in USA. These are BPA-free, Melamine-free and PVC-free. The cups are dishwasher safe and are made from Recycled Milk Jugs.
- Many parents say these remain durable and last long.
- Some parents say these do not leak.
- Few parents say these are not that light-weight for their kids and slips from their hands easily.
16. NUK Gerber Graduates with Seal Zone Insulated Cup
The rim of these spoutless cups is similar to regular adult cups, which helps easy transition for kids. Its Seal Zone Technology makes it 100 percent spill-proof, leak proof and break proof. These cups are BPA-free and dishwasher safe also. The ArcticWrap Insulation of these cups keeps the baby drinks cooler for up to six hours.
- Many parents say these cups are durable and easily cleanable.
- According to some parents these are leak-free and if these do not spill much.
- A few parents say the lid of the cup is not durable.
- Some parents say these cups last for less than a month.
17. Playtex Sipsters Stage 3 Super Friends Straw Sippy Cups
The valve of these cups is spill proof and it avoids any messes. And as these have double walled insulation, it keeps the drinks colder for double time. The superhero graphics would delight your toddlers. These cups are suitable for kids who are 12 months and above and the materials are BPA-free.
- Many parents say these are easy to clean and are dishwasher safe too.
- Some parents say the material of these cups look very durable.
- A few parents say it is hard for kid to get any liquids from the straw.
18. Talktools Honey Bear Drinking Cup with 2 Flexible Straws
This bear shape cup encourages your kids to drink from it. It helps your kid with the transition to drink from straw. It has a leak-proof lid, it has a replacement straw and has instructions for cleaning the Honey Bear Cup. This cup has squeezable body helps kids who transition from bottle to the sippy cup.
- Many parents like it as it helps their kid to drink from the straw and they do it easily.
- A few parents complain and warn not to sterilize this cup as the plastic is too thin and starts to melt.
- Some parents say it leaks so much.
19. Stainless Steel Cups for Kids and Toddlers 8 oz
These are made of stainless steel so are great for kids. These are light-weight and good for small hands of kids and by using several kinds of silicone lids these can be turned to sippy cups. Not only that, but your kids can use these for their parties to enjoy with most durable cups. These are also great for outdoors such as picnics or tours. These are BPA-free and Eco-friendly cups.
- Many parents like these cups for the reason that these are steel cups, so these can’t break like plastic cups whenever your kids throw away or these fall down.
- Some parents say these are easy to clean too.
- A very small number of parents say they noticed rust on these after some use.
20. Tommee Tippee Spill-Proof Toddler Sportee Bottle Sippy Cup
It is pack of 4 sippy cups for toddlers which are BPA-free and spill-proof. Its valve is two-piece and it is removable for easy cleaning. It has 10 ounce capacity to keep your toddlers hydrated for long. These are light-weight sippy cups and its sides are easy to grip for kids. These cups are suitable for kids who are 12 months and up.
- Many parents say their kids can drink water easily from it and these cups do not spill.
- Some parents say their kids easily get used to it.
- A few parents say their kids have problems with the spout.