Top 10 Aromatherapy Oils and Products
We, as adults, use aromatherapy oils to massage ourselves and there are numerous known benefits for doing that. Different aromatherapy oils can be used for your baby too which not only soothe them but also help them sleep better. Aromatherapy or essential oils are concentrated essential oils extracted from aroma compounds from plants and these are also popular as volatile oils.
In this article you will learn about different aromatherapy oils, their effectiveness, benefits and how to use for your baby.
At What Age to use aromatherapy oils for your Baby?
There are number of aromatherapy oils which are safe to use for your baby while it is suggested not to use on your baby who is under 3 months of age. Below this age it wouldn’t be good to use these oils on them as they have sensitive skin which makes it really difficult for them to handle the effects of different oils. If your baby is too young, it would be better to wait.
For babies, aromatherapy oils are used mainly three ways:
- By diluting in water and then applying some on your baby’s skin gently.
- By using in baby’s bath water so that they can have a calm sleep after that.
- If the aromatherapy oil is manufactured to use directly on baby’s skin which mean it already would be diluted but it is necessary to read the instructions on the box of the product.
Some Good Aromatherapy Oils for Baby:
There are number of aromatherapy oils which are beneficial including: Chamomile, Lavender, Mandarin, Dill, Distilled Lemon and many more. It might be hard to determine which oils good for babies. There are different manufacturers who have been making different oils especially for babies and the users have been satisfied. We have searched and made a list of some of these aromatherapy oils you may find useful.
Here is the quicklist of the top 10 bestselling and top rated aromatherapy products for babies, if you want buying guide and more information, please continue reading:
- It has calming properties and made from 100 percent pure essential oils.
- Recommended by dermatologists and pediatricians and safe to use on various parts of body.
Oilogic Calming Essential Oil Blend For Kids can be used for babies and toddlers and these are already properly diluted for your little ones. It is better to do a patch test before using it. To do this, use a dime amount of the product to forearm and then check for an hour. If you find any reactions you should discontinue using it. Use it away from face and eyes.
Available in 15 Fluid Ounce
- Softly cleanses, leaves skin fresh and soft.
- Recommended by dermatologists and doesn’t cause any allergies.
- Enriched with eucalyptus, rosemary and menthol and provides natural freshness.
This product is great for a warm bath, it is a gentle cleanser which provides so much comfort to your baby. As it is a soothing vapor, so whenever your baby has cold, he / she feels comfortable.
Available in 0.5 Ounces Liquid.
Its best ingredients are Jasminum Grandiflorum and Jojoba Oil.
- It is a common ingredient in the perfumes, which is exotic floral aroma of jasmine and it is potent and radiant.
- It is a sensual oil which makes it a unique addition for a better massage.
Directions to use:
You can use it right away out of the bottle. Apply it gently to the pulse points for a sensual attractant. It is for external use only, you should keep it out of reach of children.
Available in 30 Ounces
- It contains a soft Baby Scent, which leaves your baby with amazing smell.
- It heals diaper rash in babies.
- Please do not use on wounds, this product is only for external use.
- Please apply it gently and keep it away from contact with eyes.
You need warm water and a soft wash cloth to use Baby Magic bath. Lather and rinse your baby’s hair and body before their bed time. It is best to use for the night time.
Available in 30 ml
- It is safe for newborn babies and for bedroom and pillows to keep your kids relaxed.
- It has portable size for cars, playrooms and diaper bags.
Aromatherapy Spritzer by California Baby is safe to use for babies and newborns. This also keeps your baby relax and improves their mood. It contains lovely chamomile, sweet orange and tangerine smell. Easy to store in diaper bags and to use at anytime.
Available in 13 oz (Pack of 2)
- It contains organic ingredients for sustainable growth.
- Does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate, DEA or numbing agents.
- No synthetic fragrances.
- Provides bubbles with yucca and soapbark.
As it is not a synthetic bubble bath, so you should help the bubbling process by shaking bubbles under the running water during tub filling.
If you are using for newborn babies, then dilute with water for gentle cleansing bubble bath.
Available in 3 oz
- It has calming aroma too soothe your baby.
This foaming skin wash comes in 15-fluid onces.
Johnson’s Bedtime Bath To Help Babies Sleep is especially formulated for your babies and it doesn’t contain phthalates, soap or dye and it is not tested on animals. By using it in your baby’s bath, it helps them sleep better.
Available in 8 ounce
- It helps to calm your babies before bedtime.
- Made by Natural oat formula.
- Tear-free and soap-free formula which cleanses without drying.
- Contains a rich lathering cleanser which contains lavender and vanilla.
- Helps to retain moisture and soothe your baby’s soft skin.
You should shake it well before the first use, twist off the cap and remove quality seal, please be careful if the seal is already broken and do not use in such case. Pour just a few capfuls into bath and swirl it to mix.
Available in 0.5 Ounces Liquid
- It is pale to slightly greenish yellow.
- Has a refreshing aroma identical to freshly peeled fruits.
- Also sophisticated naunce of the freshly peeled lemon which is hallmark of authentic lemon essential oil.
As we know that the lemon is the most valuable of all fruits for preserving health. To use it, you should add a few drops of oil to your lotion, massage oil or any aromatherapy diffuser. You can also use Lavender Oil for extra fragrance. This oil works best whenever mixed with other oils or creams.
Available in 8 oz
- Contains ingredients like pure organic essential oils including lavender and chamomile.
- It keeps your baby calm and provides them with good night’s sleep.
Mambino Organics Mommy & Baby Calming Aromatherapy has a sweet aromatherapy scent and it keeps your baby calm and soothes them. It is combination of pure organic essential oils: Lavender and Chamomile which are great for baby’s sleep.
Benefits of Aromatherapy Oils for your Baby:
As aromatherapy oils are popular for relieving stress, headaches and are great to provide relaxation, these are also good for your baby. Here are some benefits these oils offer to your babies:
Promote Good Sleep:
One of the essential oils; lavender, is known to deeply relax your baby and make sleep easily as it is popular for its calming properties. Andrea Howe on Babble talks about how she was able to make her toddler sleep through the night by using essential oils.
Using aromatherapy oils for baby is a natural way to relieve cold and congestion in them. To do this diffuse some oil in some boiling water pot. If there is warm steam humidifier that can be better too. Some people say about using Frankincense essential oils help relieve colds. There are different good essential oils but if are unaware about using an essential oil you still have to consider asking an expert before using for your children.
Some essential oils are really good to heal eczema in babies. Here is how Kate Harris healed her baby’s eczema by using essential oils. She combined some drops of lavender, frankincense and sweet almond oil to make eczema oil blend.
As essential oils have been used for around 6,000 years. These are made from roots, seeds, leaves and even from blossoms of different plants. Aromatherapy oils also helpful in relieving anxiety, hair loss, insomnia, psoriasis and agitation.
How to make Aromatherapy Oils?
Other than different aromatherapy products you can make aromatherapy oils at home. It all depends on what herbs do you have to make it. If you are looking for an easy process, these step by step instructions may help you in it.
How to mix Aromatherapy Oils?
It all depends on what kind of aromatherapy oils are you using and for what purpose. Different aromatherapy oils can blend to each other. It would be great to have the proper knowledge about mixing these oils. If you do not have prior knowledge about it, this article might be helpful about which oils can be mixed and for what purpose can be used.
How to Use on Babies:
There are so many ways to use aromatherapy oils for babies. This video may help you how to do it:
Tips to use Aromatherapy Oils on Babies:
- Dilution is necessary and use the oils away from their mouth, some oils would not be safe if they ingest suddenly.
It is advised to use small portion of oils on your baby especially in the beginning of using oils if you don’t know how much oil to use. The best way to do that is by using a small portion on their leg and check after a day if any reaction occurs, if it does you must discontinue using that oil for them. While the quantity is suggested on YoungLiving depending on your baby’s age group.
- There are essential oils which are not safe for kids which Lea Harris has beautifully described about which oils are safe and not safe for your baby.
- Adding 1 to 2 drops of lavender oil in your baby’s bath water can make them relax.
Lavender oil is also beneficial in helping with baby’s earache by simply rubbing some diluted lavender oil outside your baby’s ear.
Some other Uses of Essential Oils:
Essential oils are not only used for massage but these have insect repellent properties too. Which keep the insects away naturally while filling your room with pleasant fragrance. As an example: peppermint, eucalyptus and lavender etc keep mosquitoes away. Cedarwood and tea tree oils are good repellents for fleas. Rosewood, oregano and thyme are good to keep ticks away.
So, not only aromatherapy oils have so many benefits but many of these oils have calming effects on babies. In this article and review you learned about effectiveness of different essential oils, the ways to use on your baby. The right essential oils with the right knowledge can really be helpful for you and your baby. It is always great to look for an expert if you are not sure about certain oils. Furthermore, the manufactured oils for babies come with instructions on the box or bottle of the oils.