We all know babies also need to get bathe to remain clean. In a bath tub the attention grabbing thing is the bath faucet. Despite how good it looks, your baby can move towards it so many times during bath. Chances are, babies can bump their head with it and come up with bruises. We never have to underestimate the value of bath spout covers which not only look beautiful but save your baby’s delicate head against sudden accidents and bumps. Another useful bathroom item is faucet extender, which help your kids to reach the sink or faucet to wash their hands. For this reason, these two items should be on your list to find for your baby.
In this article we will talk about both spout covers and extenders and different types and materials.
Are Bath Spout Covers Necessary?
Anything can be necessary for your baby’s safety. If you are with your baby while they are taking bath and you should be, that can be optional. However, your baby would want to enjoy the bath time. With all other items like bath thermometers the spout covers are really good because of their fun design and softness. Some spout covers come with a digital thermometer which also show you the water temperature in digits.
Here is the list of top 10 faucet spout covers and extenders. Some of these are best-selling and others are top rated. Please continue reading.
- Created by Polyethylene Plastic.
- It is very easy to remove and easy to clean.
- In order to attach just squeeze by both sides and push the lower flap, and it will be removed by same way.
It is an essential extender, the Aqueduck can be attached simply to any standard faucet. To attach it to any tap, simply push it by both sides to squeeze and push the lower side inward, and provide happiness to your childrens and babies.
- It provides a soft waterfall.
- Helps transfer waterfall little bit away from faucet.
- Phthalate-free, BPA-free and PVC free.
This product is suitable for all ages kids, it provides fun and games during a bath in which children enjoy leaning back in the soft spray of water. This Flo is very well designed and it is soft, sleek and stylish. You do not need to pay someone to install it for you, just press it and squeeze to top and bottom sections together and press to fit it over the faucet.
- It is designed to fit most of the faucets and goosenecks also.
- It allows your kids to wash their hands easily.
Faucet Extender by Prince Lionheart is designed to help your kids to wash their hands by extending the faucets. It is made from BPA-free, phthalate-free and PVC-free materials. It can be stretched to fit faucets with big heads as well.
- Provides a bump risks free bath.
- It is flexible to fit over most of the tub spouts.
- It provides better access to shower diverter.
This spout cover is very soft and you can know it by its name “Ultra Soft Spout Cover”. It fits over most of the standard faucets and it is non-absorbent.
- Bath Spout Cover is made by soft and tough rubber and it protects your baby from sudden accidents.
- You can hang it by its tall hook whenever it is not in your use.
- You can adjust it easily as it is a very flexible spout cover.
This Ducky spout cover makes a baby’s bath enjoyable and keeps babies safe from sudden bumps and accidents. It is very well designed and it has an adjustable strap which can fit over most tub spouts / faucets, and it has a long tail which can be used as a hook and you can hang it whenever not in use.
- It has very beautiful and realistic design.
- Can easily fit over most of the standard faucets.
- Very soft and protective extender which provides joy and protection.
This faucet cover / extender looks so lovely and provides fun to your Babies, it is also very soft and provides a better protection against sudden accidents and bumps. You can install and remove it very easily.
- These sink handle extenders are made by using soft, durable and long lasting plastic which is BPA-free, PVC-free, phthalate-free and free from non-toxic materials.
- This faucet extender can be removed easily to clean and it is dishwasher safe also.
Faucet Extender Sink Handle Extender (Set of 3) by Leyaron is convenient to carry and easy to clean in dishwasher. Its colors and shapes would be loved by your kids. Its rounded edges are safe for your kids’ little hands. The flexible rubber of these extenders makes it easy to fit to any size of faucets.
- These faucet extenders can fit the straight bathroom faucet with the size of 1.8 x 1 inches.
- These extenders can install easily within seconds.
Pack of 2 Faucet Handle Extender by Lictin are made from durable materials which makes it long lasting. The lovely design would encourage your kids to wash their hands easily.
- These contain non-toxic materials and these are BPA-free, PVC-free and phthalate-free.
- These do not require any tools and are easy to install.
Zeltababy 2 Pieces Baby Frog Faucet Extender With Diverter are easy to install and remove. These are made by using durable plastic. These faucet extenders have rounded corners and do not have sharp edges.
- It is not just a spout cover but also a digital thermometer with a color coded temperature display.
- Easy to install over many kind of faucts or spouts.
- Very easy to clean up.
- While you need three AAA Batteries which do not come with this product.
The 4Moms Tub Spout Cover displays the water temperature digitally and it indicates that whether water for your kids is safe or not. Just like other faucet covers, this also saves your kids from sudden bumps or accidents. It can fit to most of the faucets, very easy to install and very easy to clean, the best faucet you can have.
How to Use Bath Spout Cover?
These spout covers are easy to use and most of these come with instructions. Here is a video about how one of the spout cover looks like and how to install it:
Spout Cover Types:
As the purpose of bath spout covers is to protect baby’s head against sudden accidents. There are three kinds of materials in these:
Rubber spout covers are widely popular because of their flexibility. Not all rubber materials are as soft as silicone but these are durable and can be long lasting.
Silicone spout covers are soft yet flexible and would be great to use. Because Silicone is heat resistant so if the bath faucet has hot water temperature, the spout cover would remain durable.
Inflatable spout covers look beautiful and lightweight but aren’t as popular as rubber and silicone spout covers. Inflatable bath tubs look good though.
We have to agree the sink faucets are hard to reach for toddlers. They need their parents to carry them so they can wash their hands. Baby faucet extenders are similar to spout covers. The main difference here is the faucet extenders are for sink faucets so your kids can reach the sink and wash their hands. If your kid still can’t reach the faucet after using the extender, you can use step stools so they can climb on it and then reach the sink.
Are Faucet Extenders Suitable for any Faucet?
Mostly these can fit to any faucet, because the flexible rubber grip can stretch to fit on the faucet and its other piece attaches to the rubber to make it. Here is a good video by someone about how to use a faucet extender:
Spout Cover vs. Faucet Extender:
Though both of these look similar yet these are for different purposes. So, here is side by side difference in spout cover and faucet extender:
|Bath Spout Cover||Faucet Extender|
|It is used for bath tubs to protect your baby's head from bumping the metal faucet.||It helps your kids to wash their hands who can't reach the sink faucet easily.|
|Spout Cover available in different shapes such as Whale or other animal characters become your kids' favorite bath time toy.||Faucet extenders available in different colors and cartoon shapes encourage your babies to wash their hands.|
|The bath spout covers with digital thermometer are ideal to tell the temperature.||These simply serve the purpose of extending the faucet by their tray shape extender.|
DIY Faucet Extenders:
It is always better to get a good faucet extender to help your baby wash their hands and a good looking faucet extender also keep your bathroom faucet look better. However, if you want to make it at home, you can still do it by cutting a bottle or jar. Again it doesn’t look that good for your bathroom faucet. But you still want to do it, here is someone explains how to do it.
- Even when you are using a bath spout cover, you still need to be with your kids when they are in the bath tub. Spout covers can save them from sudden bumps but there are many other things to consider. It is always safe for them to stay with them all the time.
- The faucet extender along with step stools serve its purpose but you still need to be with them till they are able to do it all by themselves.